Sterling Event Group is one of the North West’s leading event production and rental companies supplying a wide range of products and services to the live events industry. We are constantly expanding and with that, we are always on the lookout for talented individuals to join our growing team of experienced staff, skilled in a range of technical, creative and office-based disciplines. See our current vacancies below;
Job Title: Vision Prep Technician
Reporting to: Head of Department / Operations Manager
Location: Sterling Event Group, Ringway Trading Estate, Manchester. M22 5LH
Salary: Competitive salary based on candidate + overtime and benefits
Job Type: Permanent full time
Start Date: Position available for immediate start
Sterling Event Group are one of the North West’s leading live event production and equipment rental companies supplying a wide range of products and services to the live events industry mainly in the UK but also overseas. Our stock includes the latest technology in sound, lighting, vision, rigging, staging and set, starcloths, drapes and dance floors. Please look across our website for examples of our work.
As part of our continuing development plans which include recent warehouse expansion and substantial investment in both our people and equipment we have the opportunity for a warehouse based vision prep technician. The applicant will be required to have a good understanding of audio and vision systems, to join our team and develop the warehouse operation. The successful applicant will have experience in the AV industry and have a good understanding of live event production either in a similar warehouse role or as a technician. They will be at home in a fast paced, hands on environment and thrive under the pressures of a busy warehouse.
- Hands on preparation of equipment (predominantly in the vision department however work in other divisions of the warehouse will also be required) for productions and dry hires to the highest standard
- Checking in equipment returned from hire
- Ensuring all equipment is kept clean and well presented
- Ensuring workspaces are kept in clean and orderly condition
- General service, maintenance and repair of equipment
- Locating and ordering new parts to fix broken/damaged equipment
- Loading / unloading of vans and trucks
- Occasional deliveries / collections and site work (Full UK driving license required)
- Maintain high Health & Safety standards and adhere to company policies and procedures
- Previous experience in the AV, sound and lighting industry essential
- IT and communication skills essential
- Knowledge of LED screen, projection, image processing, switchers and mixer and cameras
- Attention to detail
- Ability to problem solve and to work to deadlines
- A strong work ethic
- High self-motivation and the ability to lead by example
- High standard of personal presentation
- Flexibility and a can do attitude
- An outstanding team player, with the ability to work alone, when required
- Effective and professional communication skills
- Strong customer focus
- Full UK driving license
- Forklift truck license an advantage but not essential
Training and Career Progression
Training will be provided, as required. Career progression within our expanding company will be available.
Due to the nature of our industry we require our employees to have a flexible approach to their working hours. Your minimum contracted hours would 195 per month. Shifts will be scheduled on 5 days out of 7, however extended and additional shifts will be required to meet the needs of the business.
We work hard to maintain a work life balance for our team.
- 28 days per year
- After 3 years continuous service you will receive your birthday off (day off can be taken within 7 days of your birthday)
- After 5 years continuous service you will receive a further day’s holiday
A company pension scheme is available which the company contributes to on a monthly basis.
A company uniform will be provided along with an annual safety footwear allowance
Employee of the Month
This is voted for by all employees each month and the winner receives a £75.00 bonus
We currently offer our employees access to Perkbox where they can receive hundreds of discounts from gym memberships, cinema tickets and restaurants to discounted holidays and free mobile phone insurance to name a few.
Sterling Event Group are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Sterling Event Group positively encourage applications from candidates regardless of race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age or disability. All aspects of employment will be based on qualifications, merit, competence, performance and business needs.
If you think you have what it takes and would be interested in being part of our team then please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are always looking for experienced freelance staff across all disciplines who share our passion for delivering excellence. If this is you and you would like to know more then we would love to hear from you.