Sterling Event Group is one of the North West’s leading event production and rental companies supplying a wide range of products and services to the live events industry. We are constantly expanding and with that, we are always on the lookout for talented individuals to join our growing team of experienced staff, skilled in a range of technical, creative and office-based disciplines. See our current vacancies below;
Job Title: Lighting and Rigging Prep Technician
Reporting to: Operations Manager
Location: Sterling Event Group, Unit 1B & 2 Ringway Trading Estate, Manchester. M22 5LH.
Salary: Competitive salary based on candidate + overtime and benefits
Job Type: Permanent full time
Start Date: Position available for immediate start
Sterling Event Group are one of the North West’s leading live event production and equipment rental companies supplying a wide range of products and services to the live events industry mainly in the UK but also overseas. Our stock includes the latest technology in sound, lighting, vision, rigging, staging and set, starcloths, drapes and dance floors. Please look over our website for examples of our work.
As part of our continuing development plans which include substantial investment in both our people and equipment we have the opportunity for a Lighting and Rigging Prep Technician to join our team and develop the company. The successful applicant will have extensive knowledge of intelligent and generic lighting fixtures and associated equipment along with good working knowledge of rigging equipment. They will already be familiar with how to prepare, service and carry out basic repairs with this equipment.
- Hands on preparation of equipment (predominantly lighting and rigging however work in our other departments will also be required) for productions and dry hires to the highest standard
- Checking in equipment returned from hire
- Ensuring all equipment is kept clean and well presented
- Ensuring workspaces are kept in clean and orderly condition
- General service, maintenance, and repair of equipment
- Liaising with suppliers regarding maintenance of equipment and ordering of spare parts
- Loading / unloading of vans and trucks
- Occasional deliveries / collections and site work (Full UK driving license required)
- Adhering to company Health and Safety policy
- Previous experience in the AV, sound and lighting industry
- Knowledge of rigging equipment and LOLER regulations
- PAT testing experience
- Soldering and electrical repair work
- Ability to fault find and fix electrical problems
- IT and communication skills essential
- Ability to work as part of a team and alone when required
- Attention to detail
- Ability to problem solve and to work to deadlines
- A strong work ethic
- High self-motivation and the ability to take initiative
- High standard of personal presentation
- Flexibility and a can-do attitude
- Full UK driving licence
- Forklift truck license an advantage but not essential
Training and Career Progression
Training will be provided, as required. Career progression within in the company will be available.
Standard working hours would be 08.30 till 17.30 Monday to Friday, however overtime opportunities will be available and weekend shifts will be required.
28 days per year
A company pension scheme is available which the company contributes to on a monthly basis.
A company uniform will be provided along with an annual safety footwear allowance
Employee of the Month
This is voted for by all employees each month and the winner receives a £75.00 bonus
We currently offer our employees access to Perkbox where they can receive hundreds of discounts from gym memberships, cinema tickets and restaurants to discounted holidays and free mobile phone insurance to name a few
If you think you have what it takes and would be interested in being part of our team then please email your CV to email@example.com.
We are always looking for experienced freelance staff across all disciplines who share our passion for delivering excellence. If this is you and you would like to know more then we would love to hear from you.