Sterling Event Group Limited is a leading technical event production supplier and it recognises that our industry as a whole has a considerable impact on the environment, due to its nature of travel and temporary projects, but that it has an individual responsibility to the environment beyond legal and regulatory requirements.
We are committed to:
- Protecting the environment by minimising the impact of our significant activities, through our Environmental Management System (EMS)
- Complying with or exceeding all applicable environmental legislation
- Educating staff on the environmental impacts of their work activities both in office & warehouse environments as well as on site at live event locations, and encourage them through regular awareness and training to minimise those impacts particularly with respect to travel, waste and energy consumption
- Minimising our waste by implementing reduce, re-use, recycle principles and suggesting more sustainable choices for branding or theming solutions to clients where relevant
- Reducing emissions as far as is practicable by encouraging the use of shared transportation and travel to event locations
- Incorporating energy efficiency measures into the companies’ facilities and promoting efficient energy use in all areas of business activities using efficient techniques and technologies available to us, such as Hive controlled utilities.
- Promoting a purchasing policy which favours those products and services which cause the least harm to the environment, wherever reasonably practicable
- Encouraging suppliers and sub-contractors to pursue good environmental practice
This environmental policy is endorsed by the senior management team and available to all staff within the Staff Handbook and available to any other interested parties upon request.
This policy will be reviewed on a regular basis to evaluate continued relevance and to monitor compliance.