Sterling Event Group were invited back to help bring the Boohoo Groups festival vision to life
Boohoo’s Group parties and events are often big, vibrant and lots of fun and boohoo’s Pretty Little Nasty MAN Fest was no exception. As a summer treat to say thank you to their hard-working staff, the Group decided to put on a street party outside the boohooMAN offices and Sterling Event Group were invited back to help bring their festival vision to life.
No festival would be complete without a big stage so this was the first port of call. With a heavily sloped solid surface to build on, this required some consideration and a variety of leg heights, creating a roughly 1.5m high Litedeck stage that could be viewed easily from the furthest end of the site. With the great British weather never making its mind up, we needed a stage cover to keep the artists (and the kit!) safe and dry. This was achieved through the use of an 8m inflated arc stage with a floor-based truss system using truss circle pieces under the dome structure, to create a way to hang vision and lighting elements.
Arguably the main part of the festival experience is the music. The boohoo team had booked some awesome old-school garage artists for the event including DJ Luck & MC Neat and so it was our responsibility to provide a festival-ready audio setup. The Sterling team delivered a ground stacked d&b V-series line array with subwoofers arrayed beneath the stage edge to maximise audience capacity. Compact Y7Ps were used as delay speakers along the site. Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus 2 decks and DJM-900 Nexus 2 DJ mixer alongside Sennheiser radio microphones completed rider specs with d&b M4 monitor wedges with Y subs.
Having the brand at the forefront is key for the client and a cool Instagram moment always goes down well with the crowd, so this allowed for some fun and creativity within the event. We helped to create three key photo moments on the journey from the entrance down to the main stage. The arrival moment was a walk through a festival forest with thick foliage walling with the four-brand logos nestled within it, and 4x large oak trees with event themed festival passes hanging down from the branches. Moment two saw an array of event theme coloured umbrellas hanging from the building canopy, flowing down to a back wall of colour with the four brands taking centre stage again. The final photo moment of the entrance walkway was a vibrant organic balloon wall in the event theme colours, positioned in front of an artificial grass wall to enhance the summery feel, with the brand in 1m high letters mounted to custom welded metal framework at the front to give depth and interest to the install.
The event has had some fantastic feedback from the organisers and the client management team, and we look forward to working with the team on the next big party!
The space looked incredible and as usual you went above and beyond.
Just want to say a massive thank you to you and the team that helped pull off Boohoo Group Fest on Friday, it looked truly amazing!! We have had amazing feedback from staff.
Client's Event Team
- 5m tall Litedeck stage at 32ft x 32ft
- Inflatable dome covering for artists in case of wet weather
- d&b V-series PA system, ground stacked
- Household-name artist tech riders including Pioneer DJ equipment
- SGM P5s to provide wash light within the dome tent stage
- Clay Paky Axcor Beams on stage
- Prolights eLumen8 Matrix Tri Pixel Panels to give a fun lighting effect in spite of bright daylight conditions
- Smartbatt uplighters in chrome shrouds to highlight key branding as the sun went down
- 3m x 1.5m Absen A3 Pro 3.9mm LED wall hung from truss structure to give a more vibrant and interactive stage backdrop than a simple PVC banner
- 600m of custom printed bunting
- Festival theming including 6m silk flags and festival passes hanging from trees
- Power distribution to all suppliers on site
- Branding & Instagram moments including a 12m x 6m PVC banner hung from the building, heras fencing scrim, sharkstooth gauze PA hides, custom welded support structures for large logo lettering, umbrella features using custom built mesh support frames & large vinyl stickers